Annual Subscription Information
What is the Annual Subscription?
The annual subscription provides users a single password-based logon to use the TGIF database online. Subscription rates vary depending on how many simultaneous users are desired. For U.S. residents, 95% of the subscription fee may be tax-deductible as a contribution to the TIC Endowment.
TIC subscriptions are for a calendar year beginning January 1. Users can specify if they wish a subscription to begin the following January 1. Subscriptions received after September 1 can begin immediately and expire December 31 of the following year.
Note: Many professionals can now gain access to TGIF via organizational membership. Please check to see if you already have access to TGIF! We do, however, also welcome your individual support of the TIC Endowment.
|Number of Simultaneous Users||Cost|
|1 Simultaneous User||$250|
|2 Simultaneous Users||$425|
|3 Simultaneous Users||$575|
|4 Simultaneous Users||$700|
|5 Simultaneous Users||$800|
As a Turfgrass Information Center annual subscriber, you receive:
- The ability to search the TIC databases directly online, via the World Wide Web
- Subscriber rates for document delivery to obtain the "full-text" of some TGIF materials. (Some are "full-text" in TGIF already, others we cannot supply.)
- The Sward, TIC's periodic enewsletter.
- The knowledge that you are supporting the continued improvement of the collection, databases, and services of the Center.
Availability of the Annual Subscription is limited to:
- Organizational not-for-profits where all members of the group are of an associated profession, or,
- A registered for-profit with access limited to paid employees of the firm, or,
- An individual acting on his/her own.
Annual Subscribers must limit the availability of passwords for access as outlined above. Passwords cannot be publicly posted online; and will be changed annually as a part of the renewal process. Evidence of abuse of this arrangement will result in termination of access. The designated contact as indicated for each annual subscription will also be ultimately responsible for any extra-charge TIC services generated by users of those passwords.
If any group (organization or corporation) wishes to use IP or intranet-based means to provide access to TGIF, please see the Contributing Cooperator category.
Individuals associated with academic institutions should use the Academic Subscription category.
If an entity wishes to make TGIF available to a defined population as a ‘customer-benefit’, please email us to discuss your proposal.
Final determination of organizational or corporate qualification for a multiple-user access arrangement is at the sole discretion of the Michigan State University Libraries.