Since the continued existence of the Turfgrass Information Center (TIC) is dependent, in part, on subscriber support, TIC distinguishes between subscribers and non-subscribers for the purposes of :
- response time expectations for service requests
- fees charged for services
- prioritization of service requests
- billing/payment options
As a practical matter, this means that subscribers pay less and get faster service.
We make every effort to complete and mail (or fax) subscriber service requests within 48 hours of the request being received. Non-subscriber requests are handled on an "as time permits" basis. If circumstances allow, we do offer "RUSH" service to non-subscribers (48 business hours maximum turn around time) for an additional fee of $20.00/invoice. Please note that all non-subscriber services must be pre-paid, either by a check drawn in U.S. dollars on a U.S. bank, or by using a VISA/Mastercard. We do permit subscribers to pay from the INVOICE/PACKING SLIP (which accompanies the requested materials) or the monthly billing statement.
Online Use of the TGIF Database
Online use of the TGIF Database is available for subscribers only. More information on subscriptions.
Monographic loans from the O.J. Noer Memorial Collection can sometimes be made via normal Inter-Library loan channels. Take the full TGIF record to your local library and ask them to obtain it for you. Note that not all items are available for loan.
- Unless otherwise specified, all materials are delivered in the USA postpaid by priority mail. Outside of North America, materials (other than publications) are sent via international air mail.
- All Non-Subscriber services must be prepaid.
- All payments to be made in US dollars payable on a US bank.
- Alternatively, authorize payment by VISA/Master Card by fax or phone. Include Card # and type, expiration date, and your signature (if faxing) and name on the card (if phoning in request).
- Rates are subject to change without notice.
- Please call us if you have any questions about services, fees, or your unique data requirements.
- Please note that subscribers receive substantial discounts on TIC services.
TIC can provide some document delivery services. For subscribers it is $5/record for up to 20 pages, $2 for each additional 10 pages or part thereof. For non-subscribers it is $15/record for up to 20 pages, $4 for each additional 10 pages or part thereof. Some users of TGIF may be required to make prepayments for Document Delivery services. Examples include nonsubscribers, students at academic institutions which subscribe to TGIF, or Michigan residents with access to TGIF via the Michigan Electronic Library (MeL).
Additionally, the Turfgrass Information Center is unable to provide Document Delivery services for the following circumstances:
- The item is freely available on the Internet. In this case, please use the URLs next to the "Web URL" or "DOI" label to get to the item.
- The item is available as an abstract-only. These are denoted as "Abstract of Summary Only" and have a "Note" within the full TGIF record reading "This article is an abstract only!" This means that the information seen within the record is considered the full item.
- The item is for an entire book. In this case, please try using your local Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service, either through an academic institution or a public library.
- This item is for a thesis or dissertation. In these cases, first try your local Inter-Library Loan (ILL) service, or else through using Proquest's Dissertation and Theses Ordering Service.
- The Michigan State University Libraries and the Turfgrass Information Center do not own the item. The Turfgrass Information Center is seeking an original of the item if the TGIF record has a "WANTED!" statement reading "Help us please - we need a copy of this item. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help! Thank you." More information on items the Turfgrass Information Center needs.
- The item is not available. In some circumstances we may not be able to provide copies of items because of copyright limitations.