TIC Policy on Short Term "License bump-ups" for Instructional/Training ('hands-on') Sessions for Academic or Organizational Stakeholders
Please notify TIC at least one week in advance if you would like to use this option for instructional or training purposes (by phone (517) 353-7209 or e-mail: email@example.com )
- The number of simultaneous users cannot exceed 25.
- The machines used for the training/instruction must be in the defined IP range for the institution.
- It would be very helpful to call us prior to the event (or earlier the same day) just to be sure that everything is running smooth from both sides.
- A 2-page "Getting Started with TGIF" handout (pdf) which can be useful in orientation sessions.
- We would also suggest that you incorporate into your training the following points:
- Use on-screen navigation buttons in preference to browser controls when inside the database engine.
- Don't forget to press the "Log Off" button when "finished". If a user does not log off or closes a browser prior to logging off, one of the user "slots" may be in use for 15 minutes until the system times the session out.
- You may wish to incorporate some of the elements on the "Hints for Searching & Frequently Asked Questions" materials with your trainees.